We are looking for student volunteers that are interested in working with children and also volunteers who are keen to use their natural skills to help develop our programmes.
If your students are interested in getting involved with any of the following programmes, starting from January 2012, please ask them to email Lydia.email@example.com stating which programme(s) they would like to help with.
Study Skills & Homework Club
This Program is for those students who enjoy working one on one with children, who wish to develop core tutoring skills and learn valuable study skills to help make learning easier, more fun and creative for the special children who have learning differences. Note: the training for this program will lead to working at our camps during school breaks and summer camps.
- Volunteers will help with paired reading, prepare classroom activities and assist children with the computer based learning programmes.
- Volunteers will work along-side the tutors /teachers trained in special needs education.
- You must be available for a one day training and from 3.30pm – 6pm either on Wednesday or Thursday afternoons.
- Location – Geneva or Lausanne
Monthly Kids & Teen’s Social
These monthly events are to provide our special children with a series of stress-free, fun monthly activities, which offer a friendly, supervised environment, while improving their social skills. Activities can be anything from ice-skating to bowling, pizza making to Pony riding.
- We need volunteers who can help with researching and planning the activities and taking part in the monthly outings.
- You must be available for one after-school planning session and commit to attending the weekend outing once a month.
- Location – Geneva or Lausanne area
We need volunteers who can help us research the best experts in the field of special needs, child development and learning support. We invite these specialist experts to Geneva as part of our annual seminar series.
- You will be provided with names and template reports to do this research.
- Location – non (location) specific, but must have access to the internet.
We need volunteers for our lending library, who can help us with maintaining, reviewing and publicising our books, videos and learning resources.
- We need volunteers who can help with research, catalogue management and write book reviews.
- You must be available 2-3 hours a week to come to the ASK office.
- Location – Geneva
Our website is the way a lot of parents first find ASK and we need volunteers who are skilled in IT and enjoy working with web technology.
- We need volunteers who can help build our web presence, both through our website and on other social media sites.
- We need assistance with regular website maintenance, create promotional fliers and marketing brochures. You must be available 2-3 hours a week to come to the ASK office.
- Location – Geneva.