Friendship is a very important part of our lives. Ecureuil girls shared their feelings about their ideal friend and they described their role as a friend with the help of a small quiz.
For teenagers, good friends can be like a personal support group. Friends and friendships give teenagers:
- a sense of belonging, a feeling of being valued and help with developing confidence
- the sense of security and comfort that comes from being with others going through similar experiences
- information about the changes that puberty brings, and what’s going on physically and emotionally
- a way to experiment with different values, roles, identities and ideas
- experience in getting along with people of the opposite sex
- a social group to do new things with, especially things that are different from what families do.
Gabriela chose the following video for us to watch: