During our session we figured out through some questions about the type of learner that we are. Most of the girls are visual learners which means that their language memory is better when it appears in a form of a text, pictures graphs and video clips. However sometimes it is possible to combine visuals stimulus with sounds and voices in order to absorb information within class. In any case, I was pleased to see that the girls can recognize how it is better for them to understand and remember their study materials.
The academic goals are connected with getting good results, succeeding in IB, getting high honors, improving their GPA and ultimately get into their best choice University. In order to reach our goals, we need to have a structured and consistent plan and stick to this plan. Inner discipline is also a big factor, within reasonable frames. Be positive, be specific, set your goals high enough to be challenging but reasonable enough to achieve. State your goals in writing and keep them out where you can see to remind and motivate you. Telling others about your goals can also help. Just remember that:
- You set a ‘road map’ for where you want to go.
- You are able to select the most appropriate method for reaching your goal.
- You are able to more easily gauge your progress toward your goal.
- You are able to make adjustments to your goal and methods as needed.
- You know when you have reached your goal and can appreciate your accomplishment.