Today after school Mikaela and Zhiyu’s Grade 4 teacher Miss Cooper came round the house to visit us. Miss Cooper was super helpful with the children’s homework and was impressed when the children showed off their bedrooms, the house and the big garden!
Thank you for coming round to spend some time with!
We arrived back to the Boarding House this afternoon after a fantastic weekend. We are all very exhausted from such an active weekend in the mountains and the children are having an early night so they can be rested and ready for school tomorrow.
- Mikaella joined me in the climbing activity and did a super job! She managed to do indoor climbing and outdoor climbing. At the beginning she was a bit hesitant and it took her a while to feel comfortable on the wall. After she was comfortable, she was up and down enjoying herself a lot.
- Nicholas thoroughly enjoyed his activities this weekend. It has been a great experience and a nice way to bond with students from different Boarding Houses. We spent a lot of our time with the 2 Middle-school Houses, the boys from Concha Blanca House and the girls from Old Portena House, Nicholas mixed really well amongst all the children. On his Acrobranche activity he had fun and Mr. Max who went with the group explained to me that he had a little fall (completely safe and no injuries) but that it didn’t dent his confidence and he continued to enjoy himself.
- Zhiyu really impressed us all this weekend, not only was he helpful, polite and kind to others but he showed great team spirit and was really brave in his mountain biking activity. He was praised for his bravery from his Activity Leader.
- WOW – What an incredible weekend for Liam! He has come back saying that it was the best weekend ever. He joined Mr. Rob and a group to do the overnight hike to Glacier 3000. This is such an achievement and he is very proud of himself as we all are super proud of him for having such great positivity and spirit.
- Matvei went with Nicholas to the Acrobranche activity and said his favourite moment of the whole weekend was when he had a pillow fight with Zhiyu and Nicholas on Saturday evening after the disco!
Why not? Lets just have a kick about and do some scooting around.
We are really making the most of our lovely garden. Here are Mikaella and Matvei enjoying it to the fullest!
Our youngest ones volunteered to go to the Horse-riding activity provided by CDL this Saturday morning. Here are some lovely photos of this wonderful morning.
Lovely weather, good friends, great times!
Here is a fine example of pure kindness and a helpful soul. Earlier this week Liam noticed our apple tree in the Champs des Bois garden, he came to us asking if it was possible to sell these apples and raise some money for charity. He proceeded to ask the Boarding Office for permission to do so, who agreed and actually became his first customers. After only a few days Liam has managed to raise over 20 CHF!
He has also noticed we have a plum tree ripe for picking and the figs will be coming soon.
Well done Liam! Your a superhero!